Friday, February 12, 2010

Obsession or Life

Is it considered obsession when all you want to do for the day is sit with a coffee, tea, or monster and just crochet your heart out? I've become obsessed with using bright colors more and more, they're just so cheerful. And during winter when everything is white or a slight grey color other than the blue of the sky, isn't color just even more special than any other time?

I've found yet another thing to be obsessed with making, though I have stopped myself from making more until I can think of something to do with them. They're Granny Stars or Grandma's Twinkle Stars. The tutorial is here. So off I went on my hooky madness trying this out. And the results just made me beyond happy.

Next came the cutest flowers ever! Over at Attic24 she has amazing posts of the prettiest colors ever. Everything on her blog is eye candy I adore it. So when I saw her tutorial/pattern for these adorable flowers I just had to try it. And I love them =3
Then last but not least. I used to hate granny squares, they always bored me and just seemed well dumb. But I've come to love them and enjoy making them. So I made in about a night and 2 hours the next morning, a baby blanket for my cousin. Unfortunately I don't have a finished photo of it. Boo on me for forgetting. But I have a few in progress photos.
Here is the squares laid out before they're last row of color. I used the join as you go method. So it did end up a good bit bigger than this photo shows. The centers to all the squares where yarns that I was trying to use up, yet I still ended up with a good bit left of each. Ah well.

Well that's all for now. Have a great Valentine's Day or rather a good Singles Awareness Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment